If you had a time machine – and could visit 5 separate times/places – what would they be?
Off the top of my head, here are mine:
1. To be in the rowdy groundling pit, at a performance of Hamlet in the Old Globe Theatre in Elizabethan London
2. The 2nd Continental Congress
3. This one’s more general – but to be a flapper-girl in New York City during prohibition, partying in the speakeasies with Zelda and F Scott Fitzgerald, etc.
4. To be in Paris in the 1920s – hang out at the cafes with Hemingway, Joyce, Gertrude Stein, etc.
5. To have been in the audience at the Ed Sullivan Show when the Beatles first came to America – to have seen them live – and at that particular moment
I also would have liked to been a witness to (or a participator in) the Boston Tea Party.
I would have liked to been in class at the Actors Studio in the 1950s. Watch the work of a young Paul Newman, Shelley Winters, Ben Gazzara, Steve McQueen … and on and on …